Comment on page
Original Author: Vin Bui
Postman is an API platform used by developers to test API calls. It is a powerful tool that we can use to build and design APIs.
- 1.To get started, create a Blank Workspace. Give it a name and set the access scope to whatever you like.
- 2.Make sure the Collections tab is selected, then click the
+button to create a new collection.
- 3.To add requests to this collection, click on the triple dots (
…) then select Add request.
- 1.Click on the triple dots (
…) next to your collection and select Add request.
- 2.Give it any name you want.
- 3.Select the request type: GET, POST, etc.
- 4.Enter the endpoint URL.
- 5.(Optional) Provide a request body or input query parameters.
- 1.For the request body, select Body > Raw > JSON. Then input body parameters in JSON format.
- 6.Click send to send the request
This is a GET request that does not take in any query parameters or request body. You can also see the status of the request (”200 OK”).
This is a POST request that takes in a request body in the above JSON format. The server responds with a 200 status code and the member that we added.
If we tried to provide an invalid request, then the server responds with a 400 Bad Request status code and an error message.